This is a different type of kitchen job. Are you an experienced cook, but looking for a change of scenery? Or just a change of workflow.
About the Role
As part of the Alkeme Foods baking team and the lead on the team we are looking for an individual who has worked as a lead or manager in the kitchen and who shares a passion for food production as well! When it comes to leadership positions, the only expectation is to expect the unexpected! With that, this individual should be nimble and resourceful, and someone striving to make the kitchen workplace a better place!
In addition to guiding the pace and flow, this team member will be involved with all aspects of production from mixing ingredients, portioning & shaping, along with packaging and fulfilling orders, and ensuring standards are met. In this exciting & fun workplace, staying on task is essential to ensure that deadlines are met.
So how is this different than other cooking jobs?
Well, we have preset productions schedules for starters! This means there aren’t meal time and “rushes” – we just need to maintain our schedule and plan for the day.
Also, we are producing only a few products which we specialize in so there isn’t a full menu or rotating offering. And the full spectrum of tasks ranging from ingredient receiving, to mixing, packing and loading allow for a wide range of activities throughout the day so the day moves quickly
And finally, a benefit of specializing in a small range of products mean we have very refined processes and some specialty equipment that helps reduce some of the otherwise physical nature of the job.
We are excited for those passionate to continue in the path as cook, and as a growing company another difference is that we have career growth opportunities for staff. Whether it is in production management, assisting with photography or marketing, gaining customer service skills – we are looking for individuals interested in growing their skills and expanding their career.
- Previous professional cooking experience is required and baking experience is preferred.
- Food-safe certificate is required
- Management or lead kitchen experience is required.
- Food safety and cleanliness are of the utmost importance, so you will be asked to maintain the overall cleanliness of bakery and equipment throughout the day
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail at all times
- We also allow for on-site customer pick-ups, so a positive attitude, product knowledge and confidence answering questions from customers is important
- Able to read and understand production sheets, recipes and instructions
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs
- Enthusiasm for product quality and energy to maintain a well-paced environment
Daily Tasks vary including but not limited to the following:
- Production planning and management
- Supervision of staff and production processes
- Inventory Management
- Communication with owners as needed
- Stock, prepare and portion ingredients
- Mix, portion, roll, bake & slice various bread products
- Portion & Package products
- Maintain strict health, hygiene & food safety guidelines, and cleaning procedures
- Updating log sheets
- Prepare final products for shipping, stacking onto pallets and hand wrapping pallets
Employee Salary & Benefits
- 20-30 hours per week (3-4 shifts)
- Variety of shift opportunities (early morning or afternoon/evening) and possibly weekends
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Quarterly Performance-Based Bonus Opportunity
- Extended Health Benefits available (Including massage, dental, chiropractic, physiotherapy, acupuncture and more!)
If this sounds like you! Please send in your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.