Baker/Food Production Specialist
As part of the Alkeme baking team we are looking for an individual that’s passionate about food and has a high attention to detail. This team member will be highly involved with all aspects of production from mixing ingredients, portioning, rolling dough, baking, all the way through to packaging and fulfilling orders. As a fast-paced working environment, we work to deliver freshly baked goods to customers throughout Canada so staying on task is essential to ensure that deadlines are met.
Employee Salary & Benefits
Full Time and Part Time Positions Available
$16+/hour based on experience
Quarterly Performance Based Bonus Opportunity
Extended Health Benefits
- As a part of our team, you are eligible to access our employee benefits and extended healthcare plan. This plan helps support additional self-care services such as dental, acupuncture, massage, naturopathic medicine, and more.
Previous professional cooking experience is required, and baking experience is preferred. We ask that you have an interest in all aspects of baking and are able to maintain a high level of attention to detail at all times.
As a key member of the Alkeme team your tasks will vary daily including but not limited to the following:
- Stock, prepare and portion ingredients
- Mix, portion, roll, bake & slice various bread products
- Portion & Package products
- Maintain strict health, hygiene & food safety guidelines, and cleaning procedures
- Updating log sheets as per HACCP guidelines
- Filing documents and records for traceability and food safety systems
- Maintain clean work station at all times
- Prepare final products for shipping, Stacking onto pallets and hand wrapping pallets
- Customer service oriented
The candidate that will be the best fit for this position will first and foremost have a passion for food and especially baking. They will have a positive attitude and have the ability to work effectively in a team environment OR on their own.
- Previous professional cooking experience required
- Previous baking experience preferred
- Food Safe Certification Required
- Able to read and understand production sheets
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs
- Ability to work varying shifts (early morning or afternoon/evening) and weekends
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with high production output
- Able to follow recipes and instructions
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with speed and accuracy
If you are passionate about good food, community, and are inspired to be a part of a company with big goals then we would love to hear from you!