This is a different type of kitchen job. Are you an experienced cook, but looking for a change of scenery? Or just a change of workflow. Well please consider Alkeme as the next step in your career!
About the Job
As part of the Alkeme Foods baking team we are looking for an individual who is passionate about food, experienced in the kitchen and who has a high attention to detail. This team member will be involved with all aspects of production from mixing ingredients, portioning & shaping, along with packaging and fulfilling orders. In this casual & fun workplace, we are looking to add production cooks looking to have some fun while getting everything done.
So how is this different than other cooking jobs?
- This is a production bakery with space to move and produce – much different than the typical restaurant kitchen.
- We have preset productions schedules for starters! This means there aren’t meal times and “rushes” – we just need to maintain our schedule and plan for the day, and the day moves quickly
- We have career growth opportunities, whether it is in production management, assisting with photography or marketing, gaining customer service skills – we are looking for individuals interested in growing their skills and expanding their career.
- Very Flexible scheduling & shifts, variety of hours available to work and varying shift lengths based on preference.
- Previous professional cooking experience is required and baking experience is preferred. See below for Certifications.
- Food safety and cleanliness are of the utmost importance
- Attention to detail and product quality
- Able to read and understand production sheets, recipes and instructions
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently in some cases
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs
Daily Tasks Include but are not limited to the following
- Stock, prepare and portion ingredients
- Mix, portion, roll, bake & slice various bread products
- Portion & Package products
- Maintain health, hygiene & food safety guidelines, and cleaning procedures
- Update log sheets
- Prepare final products for shipping
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Quarterly Bonus for production team
- Extended Health Benefits available (including massage, dental, chiropractic, physio, and acupuncture among others!)
- On-Site Parking
- Other Perks: employer provided snacks, beverages and espresso machine
- 15-25 hours per week (2-3, 8 hour shifts)
- Variety of shift opportunities (early morning or afternoon/evening) and possibly weekends
- Monday to Friday
- Some Weekend availability
- Culinary: 1 year (preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (required). Although you can obtained this upon hiring.
Alkeme will SPONSOR you to receive a gluten free training certificate