Recipe: Vibrant Veggie & Edamame Hummus Sandwich
Prep: 5 mins Total Time: 30 mins Servings: 2
For the longest time, the bagel has been a breakfast staple. Often dawning a simple spread and you're on your way. Well, we like to think of the bagel as much greater than that and our Everything Bagel is the perfect centerpiece to any meal of the day.
Mouthwatering aromas fill the kitchen as you toast you bagel to perfection. The vibrant veggies and edamame hummus perfectly complement the savory crunch of the toasted onion and poppy seeds bringing this nourishing dish to life.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Toss the sweet potato slices with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until sweet potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, add the edamame, tahini, 1 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to a food processor and blitz until a chunky consistency is formed.
- Toast the bagels until golden brown. Spread the vegan mayo on both sides of the bagels.
- To assemble, layer the edamame hummus, roasted sweet potatoes, cucumber slices and finally, sprouts.